Want something a little different for lunch or dinner? How about a Bacon Lettuce Tomato Turkey burger you can enjoy with or without a bun. I have prepared these and we like them really well as an alternative to a hamburger.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey (use ground turkey with fat and dark meat, 99% fat free ground breast meat is a little too dry to me)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 low carb rolls (optional, these are good without the buns too)\\
- Crumble bacon into a bowl and mix it together with the ground turkey, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Shape into 4 patties about one inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium heat and cook burgers until browned
- Serve on low carb buns with Mayonnaise or condiment of your choice with lettuce and tomato.
Not your every day turkey burger. These are hearty and quite delicious. Those who turn up their noses to healthy foods will never know what you are feeding them.
Calories and macro-nutrients if you use low carb buns
Calories: 700 Fat: 49g Carbs: 15g Protein: 50g
2 Comments Add yours
Definitely something I make on the regular. The bacon really adds to the flavor!
Sounds delicious!! Making me hungry at 1:37 a.m.!