If you have never tried salmon, you are really selling yourself short as this fish is such a versatile and healthy protein source. And if you are a fan of the “meal in a bowl” then this recipe is just right for you. It is packed with sustaining low GI carbs, vegetables and protein for that perfect satiety factor. This meal only takes about 30 minutes from start to beig served up.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 7 ounces salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup fish or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, carefully check the salmon for bones, then cut it into bite size pieces. Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan until the oil is shimmering, then add the salmon pieces and cook for 5 minutes, or until the salmon changes color and is cooked through, being careful not to brown it.
3. Add the peas, broth, and parsley. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with pepper, then add the lemon juice and peel, to taste, stirring gently to combine all ingredients.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain well and add the sauce, tossing lighly to coat.
This dish serves 4 and provides 520 calories, 66g carbohydrates, 34g protein, 13g fat and 8g fiber