When you crave good and do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, sea food always cooks pretty quickly. Cod is a light flavored fish and when prepared with this savory marinade, it is quaranteed to rock your world in fairly short order. This recipe only takes about 5 minutes of prep timem 3 minutes to marinade and only 15 minutes to cook. Cod is pretty versatile and can be served with any number of different sides. I personally like a side of basmati rice or a green vegetable such as spinach with a little balsamic vinegar.
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil (reserve the oil)
- juice and grate peel of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs cod fillets
- steamed basmati rice
1. Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with olive oil
2. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the sun dried tomatoes with 1/4 cup of the reserved oil, the lemon juice and peel, and garlic. Blend to a smooth consistencey. Season to taste with pepper.
3. Place the cod in the baking dish and top with the tomato mixture. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to marnate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Bake covered until the fish flakes easily, about 15 minutes. Serve on a bed of basmati rice with the marinade spooned over the top.
As an option, crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat takes this meal to a whole new level of goodness. But of course, I like everything a little on the hot side.
This meal will serve 6 people with 281 calories, 11g carbohydrates, 34g protein, 12g fat and 3g fiber
Increased fish consumption is linked to a reduced risk of coronary heart disease, improvements in mood, lower rates of depression, better blood fat levels, and enhanced immunity. The protective component is omega 3 fatty acids which our bodies only produce in small quatities. so we must get them through our intake of fish and shellfish to obtain them. It is recommended to consume fish at least three times per week to enjoy all the health benefits.