Chicken is such a versatile meat which can be consumed in so many ways. Fried, baked, smoked, rotisserie, or thrown into another pot with other ingredients for a hearty soup which is exactly what my lovely wife Loraine did last night with her Chicken Corn Chowder creation. I’m hear to tell you, this was “Slap yo Mama” good. Simple and inexpensive fare that made a quite satisfying meal.
- 1 cup chicken, shredded
- 1 can Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices bacon, crumbled
- Green Onion, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz Cheddar Cheese
1. Cook and then crumble bacon and set aside.
2. Shred 1 cup chicken. You can boil what you need, or simply use a rotisserie chicken or left overs, what ever you please. Be creative.
3. In a large sauce pan, mix the soup, picante sauce, corn, and milk together and bring to a simmer, add the chicken and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Ladle into serving bowls and top with green onion, bacon crumbles and cheddar cheese.
This recipe serves 6 for a total of 5 Weight Watchers Points, 196 calories, 16.6g carbs, 8.7g fat and 14.4g protein
Loraine is a creative cook, if you enjoy this recipe, please let me know so I can spread the love back to her.
9 Comments Add yours
Sounds delicious. Thank you for all your recipes and especially your words.
Thank you Leah for your kind words, we have much more coming my friend. You have my promise we will always provide quality information for you.
Oh my! I’ll bet the bacon kicks it into high gear! I can’t wait to try this. I love chowder. 😋
My favorite thing on EARTH!! I’ll be making this for sure!! Thanks
Hi Lysah hope you like this and thanks for reading and commenting. More is coming.
Thank you, Lysah! I truly hope you enjoy this. As David said, more is coming! ♥️
Sounds delicious! I will try this soon! Thanks for sharing.
Let us know how you like it please.
Thank you David for another great soup recipe.👍