Our sweet friend Pam (kitkat176) from Connect allowed us to share her delicious creation of Chicken Taco Soup which she created with left over rotisserie chicken. When I saw this recipe, I though about how it mirrors something I would create in my own kitchen, healthy, hearty, tasty and easy on the pocket book. Thank you Pam for being gracious enough to allow us to share your recipe on David’s Way, we deeply appreciate this my friend.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 to 8 oz left over chicken (no skin) chopped
- 1/2 box low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilies
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1 can rinsed hominy (or corn if desired)
- 1 can rinsed black beans
- 1/2 8 oz can of V8 or tomato juice
Combine all ingredients and simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often.
Garnish with green onions
This soup, divided into 6 servings is 196 calories, 22.1g carbs, 6.5g fat, 12g protein