- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Sukrin Gold
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp whey protein powder (helps with texture)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 ounces finely grated carrot (about 1 medium)
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped very stiffly (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup Sukrin Icing Sugar (or Swerve Confectioners)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions1. Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the rack to the lower third of the oven. Line 9 cupcakes wells with liners. Measure dry ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to break up any lumps. Finely grate the carrot.
2. Method: Put the softened butter, Sukrin Gold (or Sukrin :1/Swerve plus maple extract), and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg and beat again until the mixture is thick, light and fluffy.
3. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly, scraping down the bowl. Add another egg and mix until incorporated and the batter is light and fluffy. Continue alternating the dry and wet ingredients, scraping the bowl after the dry additions and keeping the texture nice and light. Add the carrot and heavy cream at the very end. Mix until incorporated. (The batter should be thick but easy to work with. If it’s not, add 1-2 more tbsps of heavy cream, but work quickly.)
4. Bake: Get the batter into the cupcake liners before it thickens up. Evenly divide the batter between the muffin liners and place into the oven. Turn the oven to 400 and bake for 5 minutes to get the batter rising. Turn the oven back to 350 and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are firm when lightly pressed with a finger, but still sound moist. Remove and let cook completely before frosting.5. Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting: Whip the butter and cream cheese together with the vanilla extract and the sweetener. Whip the heavy cream until it is very stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture 1/3 at a time. Frost the cupcakes and refrigerate or serve.