These kick ass short ribs are going to rock your world if you like them good and spicy. This recipe is for your crock pot, but during warm weather they are even better cooked over a mix of White Oak and Cherry woods in the smoker. You can buy your short ribs either bone in or boneless. My preference is bone in for a more flavorful meat, however, with this savory sauce, boneless is perfectly fine too.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Thai Red Curry paste
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- (4) 1 lb short ribs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 14 1/2 oz can lower sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine oil, garlic, ginger, curry paste, allspice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make a paste. Rub paste on ribs.
2. Put ribs, cinnamon, onion and broth in a 4 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook until beef is tender, 6 to 7 hours on low or 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high. Skim excess fat from broth. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Note: For smoking, I like to smoke the ribs at a low heat, 225 degrees for a couple hours over indirect heat, and then finish them off in the crock pot for another 2 to 3 hours on high heat.
This recipe serves 4
551 calories, 4.5g carbs, 34.5g fat, and 52g protein