Do you enjoy tuna as a regular part of your healthy diet, but sometimes get tired of the same thing in regards to your preparation? Here is a different low carb twist on tuna patties you are going to be sure to enjoy. Tuna is great when you are trying to watch your healthy food budget as it can be quite inexpensive, and even the priceier brands are still relatively cheap.
- 2 slices low carb white bread, toasted
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cauiflower, or 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans oil packed chunk light tuna
- 2 large scallions, thily sliced
- 8 tbsp mayonaise, divided
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pulverize toast in a food processor to make fine crumbs, transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cook cauliflower according to package directions, or steam until tender, about ten minutes. Completely drain off any water. Cool slightly, transfer to food processor. Add eggs and puree.
- Add cauliflower mixture, tuna, scallions, 2 tbsp of the mayonaise, zest, parsley, and 1/4 tsp of the pepper to the bread crumbs.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium high heat, brush lightly with about 1 tsp of the olive oil/ Form cauliflower tuna mixture intotwelve 1/4 cup cakes and cook, turning once, until golden on the outside and heated through, about three minutes per side. Brush skillet with remaining oil as required.
- Mix remaining 6 tbsp of mayonaise, mustard, and remaining pepper in a small bowl. Serve tuna patties with sauce on the side.
This recipe serves four at 517 calories per serving, 10.5g carbs, 49.5g protein, 5g fiber and 30.5g fat