I am a very busy man who not only devotes a tremendous amount of time in writing this blog, I am also a professional trucker who spends between 60 to 80 hours per week on the road in my semi. My schedule is hectic, and despite trying to fill 10 pounds of you know what into 5 lb sacks each day, I still manage to make it home, if only for a couple hours, every day. Because of my lifestyle, I like foods that are not only healthy and delectable, but I also like for them to be inexpensive, quick and easy to prepare.
I also strength train 4 days per week and am quite conscious of maintaining my body fat at only 9%, therefore I like to ensure that I consume plenty of protein with every meal. This soup fulfills all of my necessities.
- 6 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 to 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle chilies, cut into very thin strips
- 1 avocado
- lime or lemon juice for tossing
- 3 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 to 14 ounce boneless skinless cooked chicken breasts, torn or cut into shreds or thin strips
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- handful f tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the stock in a large pan with the garlic and chipotle chilies and bring to a boil.
- Cut the avocado in half around the pit. Peel off the skin, dice and toss in the lemon or lime juice to preent the flesh from turning brown.
- Arrange the scallions, chicken, avocado and fresh cilantro in the base of 4 soup bowls or in a large serving bowl.
- Ladle the hot stock into the bowls and serve with the lime wedges and a handful of tortilla chips if using.
Note: Chipotle chilies are smoked and dried jalapeno chilies and are available canned or dried. They add a distinctive smoky flavor to dishes and are very hot. Drain canned chipotles before using. Dried Ccipotles need to be reconstituted before using.
This recipe serves you and 3 friends!
216 calories per serving, 2g protein, 11g fat and 28g protein
2 Comments Add yours
This sounds so good
Oh it is. Try it and let us know how you like it!