This is the perfect way to utilize left over rice of any type. However, I prefer the nutty taste of brown rice over white. This rice pudding can be enjoyed as either a healthy warm breakfast for you and your family, or it can also be a great dessert. This recipe s quite easy t prepare and takes little time unless you need to first cook your rice.
- 3/4 cup cooked medium grain brown rice ( my preference, use what you have on hand)
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Swerve granulated (sugar substitute)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries optional)
- Combine rice, almond milk, Swerve, eggs , vanilla and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a low boil.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until pudding thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the syrup. Serve hot or cld with strawberries if desired.
This recipe serves 4 at 98 to 137 calories depending on if you use sweetened or unsweetened almond milk.
13.3g carbs, 3.6g fat and 5.1g protein
There is always a way to use left overs which helps to reduce your overall food costs each week when you do so.