This recipe serves 4
These tiny cheese balls are rolled in fresh herbs, toasted nuts, or paprika to make tasty nibbles for your Super Bowl festivities, buffets, or any other special occasion.
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup finely grated Double Gloucester or brick cheese
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 3 tbsp chopped mixed frsh herbs such as parsley, chives, marjoram, lovage and chervil
- 2 tbsp mild paprika
- fresh herb sprigs to garnish
- Combine the ricotta and Double Gloucester or brick cheeses. Add the parsley and pepper and work together until thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into small balls and place on a plate. Cover and chill in the refridgerator for about 20 minutes until the are firm.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts onto a cookie sheet and place them under a preheated broiler until lightly browned. Take care as they can easily burn. Remove from the broiler and set aside to cool.
- Place the nuts, mixed herbs, and paprika into 3 separate small bowls. Remove the cheese balls from the refridgerator and divide into 3 equal piles. Roll 1 quantity of the cheese balls in the nuts, 1 quantity n the herbs and 1 quantity in the paprika.
- Arrange the coated balls alrenately on a large serving platter. Cover and chill in the refridgerator until ready to serve, and then garnish with fresh sprigs of fresh herbs.