For our Weight Watcher friends, you may find this dish a little high in points. However, it can be served as your main dish with a side of skinless boneless chicken breast for a mouth watering complete dinner.
This recipe serves 6
Calories: 360, Weight Watcher Points: 11
38.3g carbs, 13.3g fat and 22.9g protein
- 1 (10 to 12 ounce) package fresh riced cauliflower
- 10 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 8 ounces dry multigrain high protein elbow macaroni (2 cups)
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) container reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash cayenne (optional)
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place riced cauliflower, cheddar cheese, and macaroni in baking dish. Toss lighly to combine. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, broth, cornstarch, onion powder, dry mustard, black pepper, salt and cayenne. Pour over cauliflower mixture: cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir, re-cover, and bake for 20 minutes more. In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, Panko, and parsley. Remove foil and sprinkle topping over casserole. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until topping is browned in places and macaroni is tender. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Buy cheese in a block and grate it yourself, it will melt much better.
6 Comments Add yours
It is indeed, thanks for commenting my friend.
You know it! He can create some good recipes!
This recipe sounds delicious! I will make this for me and my husband, he is vegetarian. Thanks for including WW points.
You’re welcome! Let us know how you like it. Thanks for reading and commenting!
I truly hope you both enjoy this! Please do let us know.