This delicious recipe will make 8 eight mini pies to serve 4 as a part of a dinner, or you could serve them indivually as an hor d’oeuvre, or appetizer before the main course of a Mexican dinner.
Calories per pie: 192, Weight Watchers Points 11
13.6g carbs, 10.3g fat and 14.2g protein
- 8 foil muffin cup liners
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 ounces Boca ground crumbles (ground beef sustitute)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup black bean and corn salsa
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Swerve granlated (Erythitol)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 8 standard muffin cups with foil liners.
- For filling, in a medium non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add Boca crumbles and heat thoroughly. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt and salsa. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, Divide among prepared muffin cups.
- For topping, in a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, Swerve, dry mustard, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in egg, milk, and butter and cheese. Top filling and bake until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Be sure check out our new Blog Menu item. We have added a calorie calculator for you to use in order to calculate your daily caloric needs. Simply enter your age, gender, height, weight, activity level, name and email address. Then click calculate. Your reading can then be emailed directly to you, or you can download it to your device as a PDF file.
We have a couple other features we have added which are still under construction, but still useful at this stage of development. You can find caloric values of foods (this data base is going to take some time for us to fill, sorry it is not complete as of yet). And we have a chart where you can get average calorie burns from different exercises. We have these data bases greatly expanded as soon as we possibly can. Please be patient.
It is also now easier than ever to subscribe to get email notifications every time we post a new article or recipe. We try to publish quality content almost daily to help you in meeting your health, weight loss and management objectives. This function can be found directly underneath our new and improved search bar. If you are wanting to find a topic or recipe, simply enter it into the search bar and it will find what you are looking for out of the hundreds of articles and recipes we have published. If there is not an article addressing a subject of your interest, then please contact us, and we will do the research and write one for you.
Thank you for reading and your most gracious support of the blog. Brenda Sue and I are most humbly appreciative.