Since the inception of David’s Way, we have had some very gracious followers from India who always have kind comments for our articles and recipes. In honor of our Indian followers, I am sharing an Indian inspired chicken dish that I hope all of our readers enjoy.
This recipe serves 4
Calories: 385 Weight Watcher Points: 9 (4 points if sing non-fat greek yogurt)
11.7g carbs, 15.8g fat, and 46g protein
- 4 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 24 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt
- wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 12 ounce full fat greek yogurt (non-fat optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat broiler. Place jalapeno halves on a foil lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil: toss to coat. Place jalapenos skin side up. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for about 5 minutes, until lighlty charred. Let cool until easy to handle.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts lenghtwise into 1/4 inch thick strips. Drizzle chicken strips with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the garam masala powder and the salt. Toss to coat evenly. Thread chicken onto wooden skewers, using 1 to 2 pieces per skewer.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat. Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through (165F), turning once.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the jalapenos. In a small bowl, combine the jalapenos, yogurt, cilantro, and cumin. Season to taste wth salt and pepper. Serve the chicken skewers with the jalapeno dip.