This delicious smoothie is about as nourishing as they come and is most excellent as a post workout drink after a hard core weight training session or a good long distance run when your body is needing refuleing the most. The recipe is for 1 drink, but could be split to share with a friend. For our Weight Watchers readers, this smoothie is not point friendly. Yet, if you truly burn a lot of calories when you exercise, then the entire drink will be good for you to consume in order to refuel your body with complex carbs, fiber and protein. This sumptuous drink can hold you over until dinner time after a morning workout.
Calories: 544 Weight Watchers Points: 20
76.8g carbs, 14.5g fat, 19g fiber, 29.3g protein
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 small banana, thickly sliced and frozen
- 1 tbsp naural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop Premier Vanilla Whey
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine water, oats and dates. Microwave on 100% (high) power for 1 minute. Stir, microwave 40 to 60 seconds more until oats are very tender. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer oat mixture to the bowl of a blender. Add vanilla almond milk, banana, peanut butter and vanilla whey. Cover and blend until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour into a tall glass. Sprinle with chia seeds and enjoy.
Note: Add more vanilla almond milk if you want it a little less thick.