This low calorie sugar free treat is a much healthier alternative to ice cream being as there is no refined sugar within it, and it is not a processed food. The bananas are high in potassium and fiber, additionally, they are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates which our bodies need for fuel. The macadamia nuts are a good source of fiber, Vitamin B6, they’re loaded in minerals and are a good source of mono-unsaturated fats which are good for lowering cholesterol. The coconut cream is rich in cancer fighting lauric acid.
This is a healthy post work out treat you can enjoy at any time of the year. To our Weight Watcher’s readers, you will find this treat to be high in points, however this is largely because of the content of healthy fats which our bodies actually do require for proper absorption of nutrients in the foods we consume.
This recipe serves 4
278 calories and 12 points for Weight Watcher’s
27.7g carbs, 19.7g fat, 2.4g protein, and 5.6g fiber
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted-chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 2 ounces sugar free dark chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- If coconut cream is very firm, let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to soften slightly. In a medium chilled bowl, beat coconut cream with an electric mixer on high speed until cream is light and fluffy.
- In four parfait glasses, or 8 ounce glasses with straight sides, divide half the banana slices, spoon half of the whipped coconut cream on top. Top with half of the nuts and coconut. Drizzle with half of the chocolate. Repeat layers once more and serve immediately.
*Note: Chill can of full fat coconut milk for a couple hours. Remove the top of the can. The coconut cream will have risen to the top and formed a solid layer. Use a spoon to scoop out the solid cream. Measure 1/2 cup to use.