My lovely wife came up with the scrumptious recipe a few weeks ago. I thought is was so good, I would just have to share it with my readers. I am sure you folks are going to enjoy this one immensely!
This recipe serves 4: 449 calories, 15.9 carbs, 23.1g fat and 37.8g protein
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 lb beef pastrami (I prefer Boars Head brand for less sodium)
- 1/2 lb Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 3/4 cup sweet cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup dill pickles
- Cut the end off the head of cabbage and slice in half.
- Julienne cut the cabbage into roughly 1/4 inch thick strips. (slaw cut)
- Cut the pastrami into 1/4 in strips.
- Cut the Swiss cheese into 1/4 inch strips.
- Dice the sweet cherry peppers and dill pickles.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients with the half cup of horseradish sauce and toss to mix well.