My lovely wife came up with the scrumptious recipe a few weeks ago. I thought is was so good, I would just have to share it with my readers. I am sure you folks are going to enjoy this one immensely!
This recipe serves 4: 449 calories, 15.9 carbs, 23.1g fat and 37.8g protein
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 lb beef pastrami (I prefer Boars Head brand for less sodium)
- 1/2 lb Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup horseradish sauce
- 3/4 cup sweet cherry peppers
- 1/2 cup dill pickles
- Cut the end off the head of cabbage and slice in half.
- Julienne cut the cabbage into roughly 1/4 inch thick strips. (slaw cut)
- Cut the pastrami into 1/4 in strips.
- Cut the Swiss cheese into 1/4 inch strips.
- Dice the sweet cherry peppers and dill pickles.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients with the half cup of horseradish sauce and toss to mix well.
4 Comments Add yours
This sounds soooo good! Thank you, Loraine! ♥️
That sounds great, David!
Oh, this is good! Give it a try. 😋
Jennifer, this is a superb dish in that it is a delicious as it is healthy! Try it and let us know how you like it. Thank you so much for reading and commenting. Please feel free to get involved in helping us grow our brand new discussion forum. Comment on a topic or begin a new one, either way, we would love to see our readers involved in the free exchange of ideas.