First, who does not like a good cookie? How about a tasty cookie that you can eat that is also not a threat to your waist line? That is unless you eat and entire batch, and maybe not even then…
I have heard it said that sugar free cookie, brownie and cake recipes do not translate well tasty snacks. Well, I beg to differ on this reason for a few reasons. First, I would never post a recipe that I do not enjoy. Next, I find that the sugar alcohol Erythitol which is sold under the brand name Swerve makes awesome desserts. While Swerve is about 60% as sweet as refined sugar, I find this to be a good thing as I actually find the sweetness of sugar to be rather sickening for me since I have been totally sugar free for well over a year now. What I love about desserts and treats made with Swerve is I can enjoy a cookie, brownie or slice of cake while never worrying about the sugar cravings which would come later if they had contained it. My blood sugar and insulin levels do not get out of whack and I find it much easier to use moderation when eating sweet treats made with Swerve.
This recipe makes 8 gooey, chewy, and delicious cookies:
Per cookie: 145 calories, 5g carbs, 11.5g fat, 2.75g fiber and 5.6g protein
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Swerve or Swerve granulated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a medium bowl mix melted butter, peanut butter, Swerve, and egg until very smooth, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips to combined mixture and stir until just incorporated.
- Roll dough into 8 large balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until browning around the edges. Allow cookies to cool completely before digging in.
3 Comments Add yours
David these look amazing! I would never believe by looking at them that they are sugar free.
Hi Diane! David has come up with a winner for sure! Thanks for reading and commenting ❣️
Erythitol granulated baked real good. I never use sugar in anything I bake or cook.