Protein 45 grams
Carbs 3 grams
Fat 36 grams
Butter 2 T.
1 Onion, finely chopped
25 oz. Ground Beef or Pork
1/2 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 c. Shredded Cheese
1 T. Oregano or Basil
1 t. Salt
1/2 t. Ground Black Pepper
7 oz. Sliced Bacon
1 1/4 C. Heavy Whipping Cream for the gravy
1/2 T. Tamari Soy Sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Fry onion in butter til soft
3. Mix all ingredients except bacon, don’t overwork. Overworking can make it dense.
4. Form into a loaf and place in pan
5. Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes or until the meatloaf has reached an internal temperature of 160*F. If the bacon begins to overcook before the meat is done, cover with aluminum foil and lower the heat a bit.
6 Save the juices that have accumulated in the baking dish and use them to make gravy. Mix the juices and the cream in a smaller sauce pan.
7. Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until it has the right consistency. If you want, use a little tamari soy sauce to taste.