This wonderful recipe is going to be a family pleaser for sure. It is low in carbs and high in protein which will make meal a very satisfying meal. If you want, you could easily swap out the pork tenderloin for skinless chicken breast. Another option is to skip the tortillas and enjoy it over a bed of shredded romaine lettuce. Any way you go with this recipe, you will not be able to help smiling as you eat this meal. What is also great about this recipe is that you can simply add all of the ingredients into a crock pot, and walk away from it for 8 to 10 hours.
This recipe serves 6
399 calories, 7.4g net carbs, 13.4g fat and 56.9g protein
- 2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 3 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp finely chopped, canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- (18) 6-inch low carb flour torillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup match-stick sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup full fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 to 3 tbsp 2% milk
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine pork and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, cumin, chipotle pepper, oregano, salt and black pepper. Pour over pork and onion in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove meat from cooker. Shred meat using forks. Stir in orange zest, vinegar and enough cooking liquid to moisten meat.
- Serve meat in tortillas with cabbage, radishes, cheese an cilantro. If desired, top each taco with Orange Crema.
1. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup plain full fat greek yogurt and 1/2 tsp range zest. Stir in 2 to 3 tbsp 2% milk to reach drizzling consistency. Yields about 3/4 cup.
Note: if you desire, you can use fat gree plain greek yogurt if you want a little more tartness to the Crema.