If you cannot find snap peas in the produce section of your grocery store, make your way over to the freezer section and you are bound to find them there. The snap peas in the freezer section, as the rest of the frozen vegetabeles, have been flash frozen to lock in flavor and freshness.
This recipe serves 4
33.2g total carbs, 5.4g fiber, 27.8g net carbs
- 1 pound beef, stew meat
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 cup pearl onions, halved
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup julienne sliced carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) package snap peas
- 2 cups hot cooked quinoa
- Season beef with black pepper and salt. In a large skillet, healt olive oil over medium high heat. Add beef and cook for 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine the browned meat, mushrooms and pearl onions. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar free syrup, lime juice, garlic and red pepper flakes. Pour over the meat mixture in the cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- If using low heat, turn to high. Stir in carrots and snap peas. Cover and cook another 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro and/or drizzle with sriracha.