This is an excellent recipe which came from my beautiful daughter Molly Ann.
Cloud bread is fluffy like a cloud and is an excellent substitute for regular bread as it is low in carbs. This bread is not exactly firm enough to use for sandwiches if you like to pack them for your lunch at work or school, but they are good for immediate use at home. Try a toasted peanut butter and banana sandwich, or grilled cheese with it. Make delicious cinnamon toast with butter, granulated Swerve and Saigon Cinnamon for a really special treat that is sugar free.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, very soft
- 1 tbsp Swerve or Splenda granulated
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and sweetener in a separate bowl using a wooden spoon and then mixing with a hand held egg beater until mixture is very smooth and has no visible cream cheese. Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care to not deflate the egg whites.
- Carefully scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming 5 to 6 inch buns.
- Bake in the re-heated oven until cloud bread is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.