By special request, from a special reader, Dr. Tanya here is a good protein bar that is loaded with nuts, seeds and fruit. You can mix and match the nuts, fruits and seeds to your own favorite flavor combinations. I hope you enjoy this simple, yet delicious and healthy recipe!
Yields: 18 bars
168 calories, 10.6g carbs, 13g fat, 4.7g protein
- 1 cup assorted nuts, chopped (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup, (optional honey)
- 2 scoops (62g) vanilla protein powder (whey or soy)
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups assorted dried fruits, chopped (figs, cranberries, cherries, apples, raisins, etc.)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- Place nuts and oats on a baking sheet and bake in a 425 degree oven for 7 minutes to toast.
- Transfer oat/nut mix into food processor with syrup (or honey) peanut butter, vanilla protein powder, and salt and pulse to chop and combine.
- Add fruit, coconut and seeds and pulse to combine.
- Line a 9″ x 14″ baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Press mix firmly into pan. Compress and level surface.
- Bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree F oven. Allow to cool completely in pan.
- Remove from pan, lifting by holding edges of aluminum foil.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers to prevent sticking.