This is a pretty awesome sugar free cake recipe my life long, good friend Wendy shared with me. It is a great time of year for recipes that include apples, I hope you enjoy this one.
- 1 box Swerve Vanilla Cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil (coconut or vegetable, I love solid coconut oil for baking)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 can, no sugar added, apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13×9 baking dish.
- Using a mixer, mix together cake mix, oil, water, and eggs. Add in vanilla extract and cream cheese, mix until well blended. Add in pie filling and mix long enough to make sure it is well incorporated into the batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on your pan) or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Remove cake from oven and let cool. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: I swapped out the sugar free vanilla cake mix for the Swerve brand vanilla cake mix in order to bring down the total carbohydrates while increasing the fiber and protein content. By using the sugar free cake mix, the carbs came in at about 22 grams per serving, Our intent is to always try to keep our dessert recipes diabetic friendly.