Here is a simple recipe that makes either a great side dish or even a stand alone meal if you want to go really light. I really love this one as it is as easy on the pocket book as it is tasty. Your whole family will like it too.
- 2 (6 ounce) bags Baby Spinach
- 2 roasted Red Bell Peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional if you like a little heat)
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook until the garlic is browned some.
- Add spinach and toss with tongs. When all has been added to the pan, season with salt and red pepper flakes and continue cooking. Toss the spinach until it is wilted. Add the roasted peppers and continue cooking until all is thoroughly heated through. Transfer to a bowl and serve it up and enjoy.
Easy peasy and is only 51 calories per serving with 3.5g fat, 3.5g carbs and 2.5 g of protein. This recipe takes less than ten minutes to prepare and feed four.