Photo by Madison Inouye from Pexels
Make losing weight easier by following these simple steps! We all want to know the “secrets”. I thought there was some kind of magic to it that I just didn’t know. I set about to learn all that I could about this mysterious phenomenon. There are habits that will ensure success.
Nutrition Is Number 1
- Measure EVERYTHING! Especially if you plan to estimate your portions, because you won’t be accurate. I have experimented with portion control over time. As a result, I know that we must weigh and measure everything that we eat. Otherwise we will eat too much.
- Create menus to make losing weight easier. Even if you have ideas about what you want to eat, unless you make menus, you won’t know what to buy.
- Make a grocery list. After looking at your menus, write down the ingredients needed. Then check your cupboard for ingredients and put anything that you don’t have already on your list.
- DO NOT buy trigger foods. Since we sometimes lie and say they are for someone else, we fail to realize that they don’t need them either.
- Fix plates instead of putting all of the food on the table. As a result, you will eat less. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Get enough protein! To understand protein better, read David’s articles Protein Supplements and Pragmatic View on Protein for good information about protein needs.
- Continually study nutrition and apply what you learn. Since we have over 1000 articles and recipes right here on this website, that should be easy!
- Don’t drink your calories! The exception is a protein drink. Since so many contain sugar, make sure to choose a sugar-free variety.
- Replace simple carbs with complex carbs. As a result, you will stay full much longer.
- See your doctor for advice on exercise. Then, implement what he says with simple steps, starting slowly.
- Once your doctor approves you for exercise, don’t eat those calories! Because a mistake is to exercise in order to eat more. It’s important to understand that the exercise won’t make losing weight easier if you replace the calories that you burn.
- Choose an exercise that you like. In so doing, you are much more likely to get it done!
- Choose an exercise that you can fit easily into your life. As a result, you don’t have a readily available excuse to avoid it. Walking is easy to do every day, while swimming is very time-consuming. Choose wisely.
- Make losing weight easier by associating with good role models. As a result, avoid people who don’t try to be healthy.
- Set the stage for success. Plan meals, exercise and rest and stick to your plans.
- Continually study and apply what you learn. We have over 1000 articles and recipes right here on this website that can help you learn about nutrition and health. Make losing weight easier by keeping it foremost in your mind.
- Determine to be a good role-model for those around you. This will help to keep you on track.
Although it can seem impossible to make losing weight easier, these simple steps will make a huge difference. Since changing habits is always a challenge, try these tips. As a result, you will find that there is no mystery, only good habits that you can learn to implement every day.
Check out our plan here. It is not complicated and is really just a common sense approach to eating. We also have a Facebook page where you can also follow along with David’s Way to Health and Fitness.
One Comment Add yours