With all the diet plans available, how do you know which diet is best for your weight loss?
Could it be the Keto diet, or possibly Veganism that is best for you?
Have you considered any of the commercially available programs that charge you monthly fees? Or do you prefer some of the fads and gimmicks that promise you fast results? Which ever route you take in order to lose weight, you have already failed yourself if you decide out of desperation instead of knowledge.
Losing weight in a healthy manner requires a bit of basic fitness and nutritional knowledge. For this reason, we try to educate our followers as best we can. You will not find a greater resource of nutrition, fitness and health knowledge available than what we provide at David’s Way to Health and Fitness. The best thing for you is the fact we do not charge you anything to access any of it. We have always been, and always will be a free resource to all who want to live a healthier life. I guarantee, no one out there provides a more comprehensive library of information free of charge than we do.
Is Keto a good diet for weight loss?
Keto seems to be all the rage right now. you can lose weight by doing it. However, despite the fact you can lose weight on Keto, there are a few things you should consider before wasting your time with it.
- Keto is something you might not want to do for the rest of your life. During your time doing Keto, you can lose weight, but you will regain it once you return to eating carbs again. You really need to consider how sustainable this diet is before you begin it.
- Keto is unnecessarily too restrictive on carbohydrate intake. You are only allowed to consume no more than 50 grams of carbohydrates of any type per day while on Keto. Carbohydrates are the main source of fuel that our body uses for all of our bodily functions. You may get used to such a lack of carbs, but why should you? As soon as you begin consuming them again, the weight is going to return to your body.
- You can actually gain weight while doing Keto!
- You miss out on a lot of good nutritional benefits when doing Keto. Because you eliminate the richest sources of fiber, you can suffer from digestive discomfort and constipation. We need rich sources of fiber such as fruits, starchy vegetables and whole grains. These are all eliminated on Keto for being too high in carbs. That is just dumb.
- Keto causes you to lose weight when you are in a calorie deficit. It’s naïve to believe that you can still eat a caloric surplus on Keto and not gain weight. A person can be as strict as possible with Keto and still gain weight through overeating. People who are prone to binge eating for reasons other than hunger are still going to be prone to overeating on Keto.
Does Veganism reign supreme for weight loss and health?
I get and respect that some people become Vegan’s because of their love of animals. However, for those who think they can simply lose weight and become healthier solely from quitting meat, you couldn’t be more wrong. Veganism can be a truly healthy way of life, but if you become a Vegan, you had best first have a great understanding of nutrition. Without a good understanding of nutrition, becoming a Vegan can and will make you sickly. The problem with those who lack nutritional knowledge becoming Vegans is they miss out on many essential macro and micro-nutrients they would be getting from a normal diet.
- Those on a Vegan diet are at risk of not consuming enough iron, zinc, vitamin D, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Vegans are also at high risk of developing a vitamin B-12 deficiency which can cause neurological issues that are not reversible.
- Vegans often do not get enough protein. While there are many quality vegetarian sources of protein, most of them actually lack a full profile of essential amino acids. You can only get those nine essential amino acids through the foods you consume, therefore you must eat a good variety of vegetarian protein sources. These amino acids come from protein and are the building blocks of life.
- Being Vegan does not give you free reign to eat as many cookies or cakes as you want, even if they are also considered Vegan. Weight loss is a matter of calories consumed versus calories burned, no matter your nutritional lifestyle.
Commercial weight loss programs are more interested in your money!
If you believe that a commercial weight loss program cares about you as an individual, I have a bridge to sell you. These companies are in the business of making money for the owners and their shareholders. That is their first and foremost mission, you the individual, are a secondary concern to them.
- Many people fail at commercial weight loss programs simply because the program never gets them out of the diet mentality. Diets are always temporary in nature. If you want to be successful at weight loss, and weight management afterwards, you must create a new lifestyle. That lifestyle is something you will need to stick with for the remainder of your life, lest you become overweight again.
- Commercial weight loss programs will almost always allow you to keep eating foods that got you in trouble in the first place. Paying upwards of $50 per month is not going to help you lose weight when you are still eating bad foods, even if you are tracking them. This mentality will fail you the same as when an alcoholic thinks he can enjoy one beer per week. This may work for a little while, but sooner or later, a binge is going to happen. One binge can throw some people permanently off their plan. Why risk this when you are trying to improve your health through weight loss?
- Commercial weight loss programs are going to dump you the first time you cannot pay their expensive fees. A business that will do this to you is not the best diet plan for weight loss. You are a number to them with a dollar sign, instead of a human with human needs.
Why David’s Way is the best for weight loss!
You might have noticed in the above subheading that I did not include the word DIET. We do not promote dieting. Instead, we advocate creating a new all around healthy lifestyle. A lifestyle that incorporates healthy nutrition and exercise to your capability and your doctor’s approval.
Because we do not charge anyone to access our vast library of information, we tell it like it is. We sugar coat nothing in the interest of keeping followers. We have lost followers because they believed we were too restrictive when we say to not eat sugar. Not eating sugar is for your health, not because we want you to feel deprived. Sugar causes inflammation in our body which is the precursor to many ailments we might suffer in life. My mission is to tell our readers what they need to hear, and never solely what they want to hear. You can choose to not follow us, but no matter what, we will always be here for you should you decide to return. And, we will still be free of charge.
Remember if you will, if you think that cutting out added sugar is restrictive, there is no good diet plan that is not also going to be restrictive. To permanently lose weight requires that you do everything opposite of what caused you to become overweight. Your lifestyle must change or your efforts will be in vain. I promise you this is the truth, and as evidence, I must point out the 95% recidivism rate of rebounding weight after other diets.
Weight should never be solely a vanity issue, it needs to be an issue of improved health. When you are more concerned with your looks than your health, you have already failed yourself. At David’s Way to Health and Fitness, we first and foremost promote healthy living as a permanent lifestyle. Healthy and permanent weight loss, is actually a bi-product of what we advocate for you. We are only blessed with one life and one body, it is incumbent upon us to properly care for it. As adults, parents, and grandparents, it is up to us to show the way for the children in our lives. When the children grow up watching our unhealthy lifestyles, they are likely to live that way too. Children will emulate their parents, we owe it to them the to be the best examples we can be.
Check out our David’s Way Plan by clicking this link. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose but an unhealthy lifestyle and excess weight.
3 Comments Add yours