This is an excellent side dish we enjoy with chicken. But you can pair it about anything you like. In fact, it can even make for a meal in itself. Good food does not have to be complicated or time consuming to make in order to be as healthy as it is delicious. The best thing about foods like this is being low in calories and dense in nutrition, you can eat about as much of it as you want, which is a good thing for people like me who really enjoy eating, yet still manage our weight.
This recipe with chicken serves four people.
Calories: 253, Carbs: 3.4 grams, Fat: 7.5 grams Protein: 38.4 grams
- 4 – skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 sweet, red bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown chicken breast in a skillet with olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients with chicken, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender and done to your liking.
Eating healthy at home is inexpensive compared to going out, and is certainly a healthier option for your family. The best thing about simple dishes like this, is you can get creative with your favorite seasonings to make it your own.
2 Comments Add yours
That red colored plate also makes it special 😇