Here is a hearty meal that is simple to prepare and inexpensive to prepare and a good healthy meal to feed your family for dinner. Cabbage is quite the super food and provides quite a good dose of nutrition. It’s outstanding nutrient profile is especially high in vitamins C and K. In addition, eating cabbage may even help lower the risk of certain diseases, improve digestion and combat inflammation.
Cabbage is rich in vitamin B6 and folate, both of which are essential for many important processes in the body, including energy metabolism and the normal functioning of the nervous system. In addition, cabbage is high in fiber and contains powerful antioxidants, including polyphenols and sulfur compounds . Coupled with 24.9 grams of protein, this simple dish is quite the powerhouse meal.
This recipe serves four.
211 calories per serving,
Carbs: 8.9 total grams carbs / 5.8 grams net,
Fat: 8.1 grams,
Protein: 24.9 grams
Fiber: 3.1 grams
- 1 small head of cabbage chopped, about 4 1/2 cups
- 1 pound, 97/3 lean ground beef
- 1 – 10 ounce can Rotel (tomato and chilis)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. If not using lean ground beef, be sure to drain off all the grease after browned.
- Once ground beef is browned, add chopped cabbage and Rotel on top, cover and let simmer about 35 to 40 minutes on low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.