Another easy recipe from Loraine’s Kitchen.
Many of us who have, or have had weight control problems usually love our potato chips. They are a palatable treat that are difficult for most to give up. Unfortunately, most commercially available chips are not a healthy choice to make. Now, if you love potato chips, you do not need to feel as if you are sacrificing a food that you love. you can prepare these in less time than it takes to run to the store to buy a bag, and for a fraction of the cost. The best part is that you control the flavor and fat content. You can rest assured that you know what each and every ingredient will be.
- Wash your potatoes and then slice very thinly. This is where a mandolin type food slicer comes in handy. A mandolin will ensure an even thickness which helps with even cooking.
- Spray a microwave safe plate with a light spray type olive or canola oil. It does not need much, which is great for keeping the calories down.
- Place the potato slices evenly spaced on the plate, and top with a seasoning of your choice. You have complete control over the flavor and the sodium content of your chips.
- Microwave on high for about 4 minutes until done to your desired doneness.
- Once done, enjoy these healthy potato chips with absolutely no guilt.
The calorie content is 110 calories per one medium size potato. The calories from the oil will be minimum considering it takes very little to keep the chips from sticking to the plate during cooking. Loraine did not use more than a teaspoon of olive oil for a whole potato, therefore the total calories for this batch was about 150 calories and was enough for the both of us.