Apple sauce and pumpkin add incomparable flavor and plenty of moisture to these muffins. Wrap them individually in waxed paper and freeze to maintain freshness Be sure to actually use pumpkin puree as pumpkin pie fillings are usually loaded with sugar.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup Carbquick Baking Mix
- 1 1/4 cup Splenda (granulated)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (fresh made or canned)
- 1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce
- 1/3 cup water
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners.
2. Combine bake mix, Splenda, walnuts, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Add eggs, butter, pumpkin puree, applesauce and water. Process until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
3. Scoop batter into muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean. About 20 to 30 minutes. Cool completly in pan and then enjoy
This recipe yields 12 muffins at 179 calories, 6.5 Net Carbs, 9.5g protein 12.5g fat