Another excellent recipe my good friend Wendy shared with me for you guys to enjoy over the holidays.
With a little planning and discipline, there is no good reason whatsoever to gain weight simply because the holiday season is upon us. There are far too many healthy recipes! We have a great many here at David’s Way. Try some of our recipes with your family instead of letting yourself be tempted by sugary foods that will cause you to pack on weight. You might just find an unhealthy family member or friend turning their life around once they realize they can still enjoy many of their favorite foods while losing weight. And, the best part is our recipes will never lead to “hangry” cravings for more as they are all sugar free and diabetic friendly.
Calories: 112 per cookie
- 8 tbsp Ghee, or butter
- ! 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- extra Swerve Confectioners to roll balls in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until batter forms a ball. Pulse if needed.
- Taste batter, adjust sweetener if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop and make 24 mounds.
- Roll each mound in the palm of your hand.
- Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Place into oven after removing from freezer, for 15 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly. Once able to handle, roll each in Swerve Confectioner’s sweetener.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.