Category: Pies & Misc.
Protein 1 gram
Carbohydrates 1 gram
Fat 5 grams
2 cups full fat canned coconut milk
1/3 cup Swerve granulated sweetener ( you may add more to taste)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
(You may use the seeds from a vanilla bean or vanilla bean paste if you prefer)
Stir til smooth and pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
This low calorie sugar free treat is a much healthier alternative to ice cream being as there is no refined sugar within it, and it is not a processed food. The bananas are high in potassium and fiber, additionally, they are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates which our bodies need for fuel. The macadamia nuts are a good source of fiber, Vitamin B6, they’re loaded in minerals and are a good source of mono-unsaturated fats which are good for lowering cholesterol. The coconut cream is rich in cancer fighting lauric acid.
This is a healthy post work out treat you can enjoy at any time of the year. To our Weight Watcher’s readers, you will find this treat to be high in points, however this is largely because of the content of healthy fats which our bodies actually do require for proper absorption of nutrients in the foods we consume.
This recipe serves 4
278 calories and 12 points for Weight Watcher’s
27.7g carbs, 19.7g fat, 2.4g protein, and 5.6g fiber
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted-chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes, lightly toasted
- 2 ounces sugar free dark chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- If coconut cream is very firm, let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to soften slightly. In a medium chilled bowl, beat coconut cream with an electric mixer on high speed until cream is light and fluffy.
- In four parfait glasses, or 8 ounce glasses with straight sides, divide half the banana slices, spoon half of the whipped coconut cream on top. Top with half of the nuts and coconut. Drizzle with half of the chocolate. Repeat layers once more and serve immediately.
*Note: Chill can of full fat coconut milk for a couple hours. Remove the top of the can. The coconut cream will have risen to the top and formed a solid layer. Use a spoon to scoop out the solid cream. Measure 1/2 cup to use.
This delicious smoothie is about as nourishing as they come and is most excellent as a post workout drink after a hard core weight training session or a good long distance run when your body is needing refuleing the most. The recipe is for 1 drink, but could be split to share with a friend. For our Weight Watchers readers, this smoothie is not point friendly. Yet, if you truly burn a lot of calories when you exercise, then the entire drink will be good for you to consume in order to refuel your body with complex carbs, fiber and protein. This sumptuous drink can hold you over until dinner time after a morning workout.
Calories: 544 Weight Watchers Points: 20
76.8g carbs, 14.5g fat, 19g fiber, 29.3g protein
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 small banana, thickly sliced and frozen
- 1 tbsp naural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop Premier Vanilla Whey
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine water, oats and dates. Microwave on 100% (high) power for 1 minute. Stir, microwave 40 to 60 seconds more until oats are very tender. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer oat mixture to the bowl of a blender. Add vanilla almond milk, banana, peanut butter and vanilla whey. Cover and blend until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour into a tall glass. Sprinle with chia seeds and enjoy.
Note: Add more vanilla almond milk if you want it a little less thick.
This is the perfect way to utilize left over rice of any type. However, I prefer the nutty taste of brown rice over white. This rice pudding can be enjoyed as either a healthy warm breakfast for you and your family, or it can also be a great dessert. This recipe s quite easy t prepare and takes little time unless you need to first cook your rice.
- 3/4 cup cooked medium grain brown rice ( my preference, use what you have on hand)
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Swerve granulated (sugar substitute)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries optional)
- Combine rice, almond milk, Swerve, eggs , vanilla and cinnamon in a medium sauce pan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a low boil.
- Continue to cook, stirring often, until pudding thickens, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the syrup. Serve hot or cld with strawberries if desired.
This recipe serves 4 at 98 to 137 calories depending on if you use sweetened or unsweetened almond milk.
13.3g carbs, 3.6g fat and 5.1g protein
There is always a way to use left overs which helps to reduce your overall food costs each week when you do so.
When fresh peaches are in season, use two of the juiciest, most aromatic onces you can find in this pudding. If you use white peaches, toss them with a bit of lemon juice, they are sweeter than their yellow counterparts. White peaches are more likely to be clingstone, and the flesh can indeed cling to the stone. Look for freestone peaches which are easier to pit.
- 1 tsp butter, at room temperature
- 6 slices low carb bread, cut into cubes
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped no sugar added frozen peaches
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Swerve granulated (sugar substitute)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- boiling water, for pan
- Heat oven to 350F. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish, toss bread cubes and peaches in baking dish.
- Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in cream, Swerve, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour over bread and peaches and let soak for ten minutes. Scatter almonds on top.
- Set baking dish in a pan large enough to hold it. Put in oven and pour boiling water into outer pan to come half way up the sides of the baking dish. Bake until a knife inserted in the center of the egg mixture comes out clean, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: Unlike cakes, which can be tested with a tooth pick or wooden skewer, custards, flans and puddings should be tested with a knife. It is acceptable for a couple of small pieces of egg to cling to the knife, but if the knife is coated with a thin layer of egg the pudding needs to cook longer.
This recipes serves 12 for 196 calories per serving, 10g carbs, 4g fiber, 8.5g protein and 13.5g fat
Protein 9 grams
Carbohydrates 34 grams
Fat 11 grams
1 3/4 cups French bread, pulled apart into 1/2 inch cubes
2/3 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
2 Tablespoons granulated Splenda
1 1/2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, beaten
1 oz. Hershey’s SUGAR FREE Special Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolates
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 5 minutes or until toasted
Remove bread from oven and decrease temperature to 325
Mix milk, Splenda, cocoa, vanilla and egg
Add bread and toss gently just until coated and chill for at least 30 minutes, (up to 2 hours)
Divide half of the mixture into two small baking dishes coated with cooking spray
Top with half of the chocolate and add the remaining bread mixture and top with remaining chocolate
Place dishes in an 8 inch square pan with 1 inch of hot water in bottom of pan
Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until set.
I am frequently asked about my protein shake, which isn’t meant for men because I use a lot of soy, which mimics estrogen. I use soy because I like the way it balances my hormones. I believe it impacts my ratio of fat and muscle in a positive way, especially in my breasts. I am getting progressively leaner and want to continue looking like a girl, so I like soy. Every person has to decide for herself if she wants to use soy. It is contraindicated in some cases. Consult your physician to see if it is right for you.
I also eat raw eggs that have been thoroughly washed before breaking because of the possibility of salmonella on the shells. I do not recommend the consumption of raw eggs for anyone else. This posting of my protein shake is merely a response to those who have asked about it.
17.7 grams carbs
35.6 grams protein
29 grams fat
8 oz. Plain Unflavored Soy Milk
1 scoop GNC Unflavored Soy Protein
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1 Tablespoon peanut butter powder
Splenda to taste
Cinnamon to taste
I put everything in a shaker bottle with an agitation ball and strainer on the top (Walmart) and shake hard til blended then pour through strainer top into a cold glass, top with cinnamon and enjoy! (The strainer top catches the unblended protein strands in the egg whites.) The coconut oil gives this shake an excellent, silky texture.
Carbs 10 grams
Fat .7 grams
16 oz. box Sugar Free Nesquik
9.6 oz. bag Carnation Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
1 1/2 cups Great Value French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
1/2 cup Hershey’s Especially Dark Cocoa Powder
Blend well. Mix 1/4 cup with 8 oz. hot water and mix well and enjoy!
Use the graham cracker crust on the “Sugar Free Cheesecake” recipe that is made with the “Sugar Free Graham Crackers” recipe and pour this heavenly concoction in for a wonderful creamy lemon pie with 0 guilt or sugar.
Protein 12 grams
3 large egg yolks
14 oz. “Sugar Free Sweetened Condensed Milk”, (another recipe!)
1/2 cup lemon juice
Grated Lemon Peel
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Beat egg yolks
Mix in milk and lemon juice
Pour into crust
Bake 30-35 minutes til set
Remove from oven
Cool 1 hour
Chill 3 hours
Top with whipped cream and lemon peel.
When I was growing up we called it “Eagle Brand Milk”, all of the brands. It’s a prominent ingredient in many decadent recipes. Stay tuned this week for at least one that can be used as many different treats.
Fat 14 grams
20 oz. heavy cream
3/4 cup Natvia ( a blend of stevia and erythritol that can be bought online)
2 oz. butter
Place ingredients in a saucepan.
Bring to boil while whisking over med. heat
Simmer 30 minutes or until reduced by half.
Pour into heatproof container and cool in fridge. It will thicken.
You can use it after 1 hour. It may be easily kept until the next day