I swear, I have come to believe these waist trimming belts were invented by vampires for vampires, they just will not die a natural death and go away permanently. I’m actually not sure when these stupid things were invented, but I can remember seeing them all over the place as early as the 1980’s.
There are two types of people these belts are marketed for:
Competitive bodybuilders and the hopelessly gullible.
Which one are you?
Being real here, if you are a competitive bodybuilder, then these belts will come in handy when you are leaning out just before a competition. However, most of you reading this are not competitive bodybuilders and have zero reason to waste your money on these useless belts, which at best, only give a slight and very temporary improvement in your appearance. And then, only if you are just a few pounds overweight.
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!
This old adage definitely applies to trimmer belts, which are worn around the midsection to allegedly melt away belly fat. Unfortunately, wearing something around any area of the body won’t help you lose weight. They do not work even when combined with topical products such as these pictured below:
For lack of a better term, these waist trimmer belts are basically elastic corsets, which have been around for at least five centuries. For daily wear, or prior to your workouts, you wrap it snugly around your waist in order to trap in heat. Theoretically, the increase of your body temperature allegedly leads to better weight-loss results, according to the manufacturers. The problem is, these manufacturers are full of crap.
From an actual marketing ad:
- DOUBLE ADJUSTED COMPRESSION STRAPS: Dual adjustable closure provide a big size range(L 34-38inch/ XL 40-48inch) and the strong stickiness can effectively prevent waist trimmer move and slip down from your waist. Strengthen and Tighten Abdominal Muscles. Greatly burns your fat and accelerates your metabolism.
Water weight loss is NOT the same thing as fat loss. Heat, aka feeling overly warm because you’re wearing a rubber corset doesn’t help you increase your metabolic rate or burn more calories. In fact, becoming overheated while exercising is not healthy for you, I don’t recommend it. You’ll lose your excess stored fat if you consume fewer calories each day than you burn each day, consistently
- WIDENING DESIGN & POSTURE IMPROVING: Wider than generic waist trainer, more coverage area concerned about obese people.
If you are obese, your first concern needs to be in adopting a wholesome and healthy diet that is free of added sugars and processed foods.
- Lumbar Supports help to keep the lower back supported during exercise and workouts and helps to improve posture.
The best way to improve your posture is to strengthen your back!
- FAT BURNING: Fat burning heat will accelerate weight loss, by increasing circulation in abdominal area and by stimulating toxins loss during fitness activity, for burning more calories. Fat burning effect is remarkable with exercise. Ideal for walking, jogging, cycling, aerobics, weightlifting and much more. Wear while exercising or working.
Loss of body fat is going to come first and foremost through consuming fewer calories than you expend! If you have a concern about toxins in your body, you can simply begin not placing them into your body in the first place. You have the control over what goes into your stomach.
- NEOPRENE MATERIAL: Burn more calories with a Neoprene Material which effectively insulates and raises the temperature of the abdominal core thereby increasing the heart rate, which in turn results in more calories burned; the most visible effect of this is increased sweat around the waist.
This type of marketing makes me feel like I have lost brain cells and IQ points simply by reading it.
Again, the only people who might have some benefit from wearing these waist trimming belts are competitive bodybuilders. If you are plus sized, please save your money and work towards repairing your health and body size through proper nutrition by following David’s Way to Health and Fitness. We will never charge you a penny to access our website in order to learn everything you need to know about nutrition and fitness.
No matter what any of these shysters might tell you about their product, any difference you see on the scale is going to be the result of a loss in water weight only. These devices will keep body heat in, however, this increase in temperature does nothing to encourage the burning of calories or fat. All that you are going to accomplish by wearing these trimmer belts will be you will just perspire more. This perspiration only results in you losing fluids, and nothing more. Once you drink something after your workout, the scale will likely return to your original weight. The net effect is little different than stepping onto your bathroom scale after you have voided your bladder. As soon as you have a couple cups of coffee, or drink of your choice, those lost pounds are right back on you. Loss of water weight means nothing in health or weight loss!
These belts provide an illusion of weight loss at best!
After wearing one of these glorified girdles, you might notice that you’ve lost an inch or two. This illusion of weight loss is false in every sense of the word. Like body wraps, the compression of the trimmer belt can sometimes provide a smaller waistline, but this is always only a temporary result. Given only a short period of time, your body is going to return to its normal shape and size. You’re not actually losing real inches. To lose weight in a healthy and meaningful way, you need to worry less about losing weight, and place your focus on actually losing body fat! These trimmer belts do not do that.
Waist slimming belts are simply not going to provide a dramatic or long-term effect on your figure. The healthiest and most effective way to lose weight and keep it off is through a balanced diet and regular exercise.
If overused or cinched too tightly, waist trimming belts can even cause health problems.
- They can reduce your lung capacity by 30 to 60 percent. It can be uncomfortable and sap your energy. Cinch it tight enough and you might even pass out. Wearing them can even lead to inflammation or a buildup of fluid in the lungs. Over time, breathing problems can affect your lymphatic system, which helps to rid your body of toxins.
- When you wear a waist trimming belt, you’re not only squeezing skin and fat, you’re crushing your insides, too. Parts of your digestive system, including the esophagus, stomach, and intestines, can be affected. Pressure can force acid from your stomach back up into your esophagus, giving you a bad case of heartburn. If you have gastroesophageal reflux (GERD), wearing a waist trimming belt may make matters worse.
- When you squeeze your midsection, it forces internal organs like the liver and kidneys into unnatural positions. Overcrowding your organs can affect blood flow and change how organs function. In time, this can lead to permanent organ damage, reduced muscle strength, and even rib fractures.
Remember there are no shortcuts to a healthy and slim body. A healthy body and successful weight loss is the combination of a nutritious diet and regular workout.
Waist training belts are nothing more than a scam of the billion-dollar fitness industry. It seems easy not to move an inch and just lose weight, which is why people are easily fooled by these stupid market gimmicks.